Choosing a Shredder
There are many things to consider when purchasing a paper shredder and all the variables can seem overwhelming. After all, the privacy of your information is at stake so it’s important to make the right selection. With sheet capacity, motor size and waste volume to consider, the following questions will help you narrow down your selection to only a few models.
While making a selection, it’s important to remember that your shredding volume will increase with time, so be sure to factor in growth when making a decision. For a more detailed evaluation, you can use Dahle's Shredder Selection Guide, or call Dynamo at 204-783-9999
How much will you be shredding each day?
How frequently you shred confidential documents has a significant bearing on which machine will fit your needs. While all machines can handle daily and weekly shredding, our larger shredders are better suited for monthly and quarterly shredding of large volumes of material.
How many people will be using the shredder?
The number of people using a shredder and their individual requirements can vary greatly. Try to obtain an idea of the collective needs of your team or department to base your decision on. The larger the Dahle shredder is, the more users it was designed for, and the greater the waste volume it can hold.
What level of security do you require?
- Security Level P-2: Strip Cut Particles - For shredding sensitive internal documents
- Security Level P-3 & P-4: Cross Cut Particles - For shredding confidential documents
- Security Level P-5: Extremely Fine Cross Cut Particles - For shredding highly sensitive documents
- Security Level P-6: Espionage safe for extremely high demands of security
- Security Level P-7: NSA/CSS specification 02-01 which is the current standard for the destruction of Top Secret COMSEC documents
For those interested in upgrading their shredder to include fine dust filtration and revolutionary safety features, we've developed the DAHLE CleanTEC® - The World's Most Advanced Shredder.
Click on link below for product brochures.